Schedule your Free Assessment Today!
An energy assessment or audit is the first step in the process. Our goal as a qualified trade ally of the ComEd Small Business Energy Savings Program (SBES) is to reduce your energy consumption in order to save your company money. In order to do this, we must first look at your property for opportunities to reduce the energy you use. One of our expert property assessors will examine your building, paying special attention to lighting, heating and cooling, air compression systems, plug load electronics and building envelope. Once we've counted fixtures, labeled areas, learned your hours of operation and potentially even seen your ComEd bill - we'll determine how best to replace your existing measures with energy efficient ones.
Do I need to be there?
As long as our assessor has access to the areas we need to count the fixtures and measures you need not be present. However, we always love to have your input. You can tell us who is the first one in last one out, who turns lights on and off and try to get as accurate a picture of your energy situation. If there are any locations inside your building we can't gain access to, we won't be able to count those measures.
What happens next?
After we assess your building we will put together a proposed project. We will identify the most energy efficient, DLC list approved measures to replace your existing energy hogs. We work hand in hand with ComEd to provide incentives to reduce your out of pocket costs. Lastly, we get your approval on a packet that shows you your ROI, payback time, out of pocket costs, incentivized measures and move forward with the installation.
We work around your business.
- Call IKON and our employees help you schedule your assessment.
- Let us know your contact information and a few things about your location.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
- Call us or email if anything changes.
The assessment is fast and easy.
- We will count the number and types of lights.
- We will look at HVAC equipment.
- We will ask about your hours of operation and how long your lights are on.
- We will take some photographs of lights for reference.
- We will NOT interrupt your business or customers.